Friday, March 26, 2010

Advice to Baruch College

My suggestion to Baruch College to improve efficiency using new media is to send out a mass text to all students' cell phones when a class is canceled last minute. If you go to Baruch, you'll know the college does this in cases of emergencies. What they do is, in case there's inclement weather or a natural disaster, the college will notify the students through text so that the student will be notified ASAP and not show up to school.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, this semester, I have a 4 hour gap. This past week I had to wait 4 hours to only later find out my class was canceled by reading a paper on the door of the classroom. I know professors cancel class through mass emails but I think this is only acceptable if done 24 hours prior to the class. If its last minute, it will be more efficient and convenient for the student to get a notifying text because generally all college students have cellphones on them 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment